Camano Chapel Facility Use Questions and Answers
What are Camano Chapel facility use policies?
We believe the facilities of Camano Chapel belong to God. The leadership of Camano Chapel reserves the right to ensure that usage is consistent with our Statement of Purpose, Core Values and with biblical principles. We ask that:
1. Requesting group understand that Camano Chapel’s use of its facility has first priority. Camano Chapel may have to cancel or change any reservation in the event of a funeral or staff need. Camano Chapel will exercise its best efforts to accommodate all reservations accepted; however, it assumes no liability for cancellations. Events may not be scheduled on holidays, holiday weekends, or the week prior to Easter and Christmas.
2. Requesting group understand that only community groups or non-profit organizations may use rooms. There will be no raffles or games of chance in any events at Camano Chapel. Facilities are not available for political groups, regardless of party, or gatherings for the purposes of fundraising or profit-making purposes. Camano Chapel reserves the right to request and review your organizations mission statement, objectives and description of any alignments that you may have with other organizations considered to be political, partisan or moral in nature in order to ensure that Camano Chapel facility uses do not conflict with our mission to uphold a Biblical worldview. The applicant organization shall not practice discrimination of any kind.
3. Outside non-profit groups (i.e. S.C.J.A.A., Civic organizations etc.) using the facilities will be required to submit a Certificate of Insurance verifying proof of bodily injury, property damage, and liability coverage prior to the use of facilities naming Camano Chapel as an additional insured. A copy of the organizations non-profit documentation (ie. Articles of Incorporation, 501c Letter of Determination etc.) is also required.
4. Groups and/or individuals using the kitchen for food preparation will be required to submit copies of food operating permits when food is served to the public.
5. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. No tacks, nails or tape will be used on walls or woodwork in connection with any signs, notices, pictures, place cards, posters, display or exhibits in any rooms.
7. No animals will be permitted in the buildings, except for service dogs.
8. Use of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, tobacco, other dangerous drugs, profanity, gambling, and boisterous conduct or any other unlawful activities on church property is prohibited.
9. No red punch will be served (stains cannot be removed from carpeting).
10. Dancing is not permitted.
11. Groups and/or individuals agree to leave the rooms neat and clean and to return the chairs to their original position. Any trash exceeding the capacity of the container provided must be deposited in the outside dumpster. (See Room Use Expectations – Attachment 3)
12. Violation of these rules, creation of a disturbance, or willful damage will cause cancellation of privileges for the offending Group.
13. Groups and/or individuals using any room will hold Camano Chapel harmless for all loss, liability or expense resulting from any injury to any person or any loss of or damage to any property.
14. No unauthorized use or movement of sound, video, lighting and technical equipment. If use of sound, video, lighting or technical equipment is needed, request for assistance must be made prior to program. (Extra fees for services may apply).
What is the fee structure for facility usage at Camano Chapel?
Facility Rental Costs: Camano Chapel does not charge facility rental fees however donations are appreciated to offset the cost of utilities and ongoing repairs and maintenance. Room reservation and set-up details should be noted on the attached form (See Room Use Request Form)
Housekeeping Deposits: Camano Chapel staff time may be required to provide set-up, take-down, security, audio/video/lighting and housekeeping services before, during and after the event. A deposit will be collected up-front for these purposes. Actual housekeeping and custodial service costs will be subtracted from a deposit collected from the user group in advance of the event. Services will be calculated at a rate of $20.00/hour. (Required housekeeping includes the room requested plus common areas such as hallways and restrooms used for the event.)The following schedule clarifies approved facility uses and housekeeping costs depending on the event and room(s) requested.
*Certificate of Liability Insurance is required, naming Camano Chapel as an additional insured.
1. If additional custodial time is needed beyond the deposit rates shown below to represent the facilities for normal readiness, the user group will be invoiced at a rate of $20.00 / hour.
2. Camano Chapel Family Groups are discounted for most rooms at 25%.
To see the Camano Chapel Facilities Deposit Schedule click here.
What are Camano Chapel’s room use expectations?
To care for our facilities and to demonstrate our thankfulness to God for this church, we ask for your help by following the simple expectations listed below:
1. Please use lids on coffee cups to avoid major spills.
2. Please do not serve red punch or frosted cookies and cupcakes.
3. Please cover tables and carpets with plastic for all crafts requiring use of glue and/or paint.
4. Please report the location of any spills to the custodial staff or church office immediately.
5. Please stack children’s chairs on top of the tables after each event (applies to first floor C.E. rooms only).
6. Please return room to the way you found it prior to your event (i.e., Furniture and plants put back, clean tables tops, counter tops, and making sure that all loose papers, leftover craft materials and snack items are placed in trash cans).
7. Please return all coffee and water service supplies to the kitchen after your event. (Wash and put away your dishes and silverware).
8. Turn lights and heat off and close windows when event is over.
9. Please do not use or move any sound, lighting or technical equipment without prior authorization.
These simple expectations will help Camano Chapel care for our God-given facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does Camano Chapel stand on church membership?
If you are eager to continue to grow in your walk with Christ and desire to learn about membership at Camano Chapel we would like to extend an invitation to attend our Chapel Welcome Class. We will discuss a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, baptism, doctrines Camano Chapel considers to be important, and making a church home commitment (membership). Please contact the church office to learn when the next class will begin.
How do I become a member?
Here are the steps to becoming a member:
1. Attend the Welcome to Camano Chapel Class – please watch the bulletin for the next class.
2. Fill out the membership application and “Servants For Christ” brochure that you will receive at the class.
3. Turn in your completed application and “Servants For Christ” brochure to a pastor or leave it in the office box in the back of the Worship Center.
4. At the next Elder’s meeting your membership application will be voted on by our Elder’s.
5. Upon acceptance by the Elder’s, you will receive a letter of welcome to our membership.
What are the responsibilities of a member of Camano Chapel
Committing to our purpose, beliefs, and core values.
Seeking to live a life that honors the Lord in obedience to the Scriptures.
Praying for and supporting the ministries of Camano Chapel by exercising your God-given gifts.
Being supportive of pastoral and lay leadership.
Regularly attending worship services and participating in ministry opportunities.
Giving systematically and regularly of your finances to the Lord’s work at Camano Chapel.
What does it mean to be a member of Camano Chapel?
A member is someone who has made Camano Chapel their church home.
Members have the privilege to be involved in the selection of pastors, Church Board members, and affirming the annual church budget.
Members are eligible to be a Church Board member, or Elder.
By their involvement, members help set the direction of the church.
Does Camano Chapel have Elders and what is their function?
Camano Chapel has Elders who are responsible for the spiritual leadership of the church in areas of doctrine, discipline and teaching ministries. The Elders consist of all of the pastors plus selected laymen who demonstrate the required spiritual maturity to perform this role.
The Elders meet monthly on the 1st Saturday morning of the month. The Elders do not focus on financial or facilities matters which are the responsibility of the Administrative Board.
What is the function of the Camano Chapel Administrative Board?
The Administrative Board is responsible for decision making processes and administration of all aspects of the church that affect church financials, facilities and human resources. The board sets the church annual budget and discusses and approves unbudgeted expenditures and capital projects. The board consists of up to twelve individuals and is a combination of church staff and lay leadership. The board meets once each month on the third Thursday at the church. While the Administrative board conducts its business with spiritual concerns in mind, spiritual issues are not the primary focus of this group. Spiritual leadership is the focus of the Elder Board.
How does Camano Chapel handle baptisms?
Water baptism is the first step of obedience in the life of a Christian. It symbolizes a life that is surrendered to the lordship of Jesus Christ, and also an identification with a body of believers. It is an outward expression to others about what has already happened inwardly. Those wishing to be baptized are encouraged to mark the “baptism box” on the worship bulletin, or contact Pastor Mich Michl at the church office.
Does Camano Chapel offer child dedication or child baptism?
Camano Chapel is happy to provide for dedication of children to the Lord during our worship services. Please contact the church office to make arrangements.
Does Camano Chapel offer communion?
The Camano Chapel church family celebrates the Lord’s death and resurrection from the grave the first weekend of each month in a time of communion. All those who know Christ as their Savior are welcome to participate.
Does Camano Chapel host funerals?
Pastoral Care Ministries can provide assistance in preparing for and arranging a funeral/memorial service for a loved one.
Does Camano Chapel perform weddings?
Please contact the church office to obtain information regarding the church position on performing marriage ceremonies. Once we agree to proceed, we will work with you from engagement through premarital instruction, and on the wedding ceremony and reception (if either event will be held on site).
Are Camano Chapel pastors available to provide pastoral counsel?
Camano Chapel will accomodate needs for pastorial counsel as needed. Contact the church office to arrange for this.
- Do Camano Chapel Pastors make visits to those in need?
Does Camano Chapel believe in tithing?
Camano Chapel believes that scripture clearly establishes the giving of the first fruits received (income) by the individual believer to the work of the Lord. What is Tithing? The word "tithe" means "a tenth part" or "10%". In the Bible God tells us that we are to give the first 10% of all we earn back to Him to be used for His kingdom work. Tithing is a blessing, because it gives us an opportunity ...
...to honor God - Leviticus 27:30
...to be obedient to Christ - Matthew 23:23
...to be reminded that everything I have belongs to God - Psalm 24:1
...to express my gratitude to God for helping me earn my income - Deuteronomy 8:18
...to grow in faith as I see God blessing me through my obedience in tithing - Malachi 3:10
...to invest for eternity - Matthew 6:19-20
What is the Camano Chapel Foundation?
The Foundation of Camano Chapel exists to "support and encourage the mission and purpose of Camano Chapel, in the form of financial support." At this time the Foundation of Camano Chapel falls under the leadership of the Camano Chapel Administrative Board. Consider the benefits of estate planning and planned giving. The Foundation is able to receive gifts of appreciated Stocks and Mutual Funds, as well as any other form of appreciated asset or bequest. The benefits to you may be substantial as you consider taxation and estate planning. For more information, contact Jon Rice at the church office or speak with your tax or legal advisor.
What is Village Missions?
Camano Chapel is an independent church associated with Village Missions. Village Missions is a non-denominational, Bible-based faith mission which provides qualified leadership to rural and suburban areas of the United States and Canada. There exists a definite need in these areas to win and disciple people to Jesus Christ through the proclamation and demonstration of the Gospel. They hope to provide and practice servant leadership as Village Missions pastors get to know people and become involved in the life of the community. They follow the long-standing philosophy that has served the mission since its beginning over 50 years ago, “Love the people...preach the Word.”
Does Camano Chapel offer support for individuals who have lost loved ones?
Camano Chapel offers grief share/support for people grieving the loss of someone close. Contact the church office for availability.
Does Camano Chapel offer divorce care?
Camano Chapel offers divorce recovery support as needed, helping people to heal from the hurt of divorce. Contact the church office to find out about this ministry.
Important Questions and Answers about marriage and wedding planning (Please review all items)
What does the Bible say about marriage?
It is our desire that your wedding be the happiest experience possible and that your marriage be all God intends for it to be.
God created man and woman, and from the beginning intended that they be joined in marriage so that each might give to the other what each lack alone. Since God designed the marriage relationship, it makes sense that He knows best how to build a happy marriage.
As we read the Bible, His Word, we are able to discern basic principles which must be understood and applied if we hope to experience joy and fulfillment in marriage.
Because we are committed to building strong marriages, we want to share the following guidelines and Scriptures. We have no desire to condemn or reject anyone, but we want to live within God’s principles for marriage.
1. We will gladly consider performing a wedding if both parties are believers. In light of II Corinthians 6:14, we must not join believers to non-believers.
We will invite non-believers asking to be married, to participate in a Bible Study, introducing them to the Good News of Jesus Christ.
2. We will consider re-marriage where Biblically allowed divorces occurred (Matthew 5:31-32 and I Corinthians 7:15-16.) We reserve the right to contact the former spouses when asked to marry a divorced person.
3. Couples who are living together, or who are involved in a physical relationship, will need to separate and remain abstinent until marriage (I Corinthians 6:13-20, Ephesians 5:3&4).
4. All weddings performed at Camano Chapel, or off-site by a Camano Chapel pastor, will be between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:21-14).
What are other pastoral considerations in preparing for a wedding?
Our pastors seek to be very consistent in our commitment to the process of preparing couples for marriage and in pre-wedding ceremony planning.
1. In cases of first time marriages, we reserve the right to talk with parents to receive their blessing. The age of the persons involved may effect this decision.
2. Any person in the wedding party who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs (other than prescribed by a doctor) before or during the rehearsal and/or wedding will not be permitted to participate in the wedding.
3. To better equip couples for marriage would require involvement over several weeks in our marriage mentoring ministry, or pre-marital counseling through a Christian counseling group. Those couples approved for performing their wedding will receive more information on this.
4. All weddings held at Camano Chapel will be supervised by our Wedding Coordinator.
How do we begin the wedding planning process?
The following steps will help get your wedding planning process off to a smooth start.
1. After thoroughly reading this Camano Chapel Wedding link, calls regarding wedding inquiries are forwarded to the Church Scheduling Assistant (This would include requests for use of the facility alone, with the use of an outside pastor, or use of the facilities also including the request to have one of the Camano Chapel pastors perform the wedding).
2. The Bride and Groom Wedding Applications may be downloaded, printed and completed at home or you can call the Church Scheduling Assistant to request that each application be sent to your individual addresses.
3. The application is returned. (A reservation date for the wedding is not confirmed until the applications have been submitted and reviewed by the officiating pastor.)
4. The officiating pastor reviews the application, possibly including a review by other Camano Chapel pastors, and makes a determination of three things:
a. that the wedding to be performed in the church is consistent with the beliefs of Camano Chapel,
b. that the officiating pastor, if outside of Camano Chapel, comes from a background consistent with the beliefs of Camano Chapel, and,
c. that the officiating pastor requested by the Bride and Groom is available on the requested date.
5. The officiating pastor meets with the couple to communicate decisions regarding the wedding request and pre-marriage counseling.
6. The approved application is now forwarded to the Camano Chapel Wedding Coordinator.
7. The Wedding Coordinator makes contact with the bride and groom to confirm a primary and alternate date requested for the wedding. Coordination of dates should include the availability the officiating pastor, availability of the requested room(s), as well as the availability of an Audio/Video/lighting (AVL) technician. The Wedding Coordinator then reserves the dates and location of the rehearsal, wedding and reception with the Church Scheduling Assistant on the church’s master calendar (noting the name of the officiating pastor on the calendar entry).
8. The Wedding Coordinator will send the Wedding Planner booklet to the bride and groom to begin the wedding coordination effort with them.
9. The Wedding Coordinator will complete a preliminary Room Request Form at the time the wedding is approved; a deposit has been made and the event is scheduled on the calendar. If ceremony or reception attendance numbers change or if set-up information changes, an updated Room Request Form shall be submitted at least one month prior to the wedding date.
What is the Wedding Coordinators role?
We, at Camano Chapel, want to ensure your wedding day is very special. Our church provides a Wedding Coordinator who desires to make your wedding experience smooth and enjoyable. The Wedding Coordinator will:
1. Make all the arrangements for needs and requests you have of the church,
2. Organize details to minimize loose ends or forgotten items,
3. Coordinate logistical details with Camano Chapel scheduling, facility and worship/music staff,
4. Coordinate the wedding rehearsal , reception and other related activities of the wedding day,
5. Coordinate with the family and facility staff, a plan for cleaning and representing the facility for regular Sunday morning ministry uses.
We know that weddings are a source of joy, but also a source of stress and worry. The Wedding Coordinator intends to minimize that stress and worry, which will enable you to focus on the joy of your special day. While you may desire to choose your own coordinator for decorating, the ceremony or reception, the person you choose shall work under the direction of the Camano Chapel Wedding Coordinator.
What other information should I consider in the wedding planning process?
The following will address more miscellaneous considerations.
1. The Wedding Coordinator will meet with you to determine the estimated cost of your wedding. A check for the total estimated amount is required to put your wedding date on the church’s calendar (see “Fee Information” section for details). Checks should be made payable to Camano Chapel and be sent to 867 S. West Camano Dr., Camano Island, WA 98282.
2. Marriage licenses shall be turned into the church office at least one week prior to your wedding day.
3. Couples are required to attend pre-marriage counseling sessions (refer to officiating pastor for requirements).
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the Camano Chapel campus.
5. Smoking is not permitted on the Camano Chapel campus.
6. To minimize conflict, we do not host organized dances at any on-campus events.
7. Birdseed or bubbles are permitted to be thrown at the couple in designated areas (Throwing rice is not permitted).
When will Camano Chapel schedule weddings?
Weddings may be scheduled within 6 to 12 months prior to the proposed wedding date, subject to regular and special programming as well as preparation for Sunday worship services.
1. Wedding requests within 3 to 6 months prior to the proposed wedding date may be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
2. All dates are subject to staff, facility and AVL technician availability.
Will Camano Chapel schedule weddings on holiday weekends?
Due to the absence of custodial coverage and/or facilities availability, there will be no wedding scheduled on holidays (including: Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends).
At what times of day may weddings be scheduled?
The following options are made available subject to regular programming as well as facility preparation for Sunday worship services.
1. Monday-Thursday nights: ending by 8pm.
2. Friday nights: ending by 9pm.
3. Saturdays: ending by 4pm.
4. No Sunday Weddings.
Where may wedding ceremonies be held at Camano Chapel?
There are three options:
1. The East Room (fixed seating capacity – 150)
2. Wayland Sanctuary (fixed seating capacity – 200)
3. Montgomery Hall (fixed seating capacity – 699)
Where may receptions or rehearsal dinners be held at Camano Chapel?
There are four options:
1. Hearth Room (table and chair seating capacity – 50, standing capacity - 75)
2. East Hall (table and chair seating capacity – 100, standing capacity – 252)
3. Wayland Sanctuary (table and chair seating capacity – 125, standing capacity - 250)
4. Montgomery Hall (table and chair seating capacity – 400)
Note: If you desire to have your reception or rehearsal dinners at Camano Chapel, the Wedding Coordinator will help you plan and work through the Room Request Form detailing arrangements as to setup, servicing, takedown and cleanup.
What is the fee structure for weddings at Camano Chapel?
Camano Chapel does not charge facility rental fees however donations are appreciated to offset the cost of utilities and ongoing repairs and maintenance. Room request and set-up details will be handled by the wedding coordinator.
Staff and technical support are needed to provide set-up, take-down, audio/video/lighting and housekeeping services before, during and after the event. A deposit will be collected up-front for these purposes. Actual cost will be subtracted from the deposit. If the deposit exceeded actual costs, a refund of any unused deposit will be returned. If actual cost exceeded the deposit, a summary will be provided reflecting a balance due.
Officiating Pastor - No Charge
Counseling Pastor - No Charge
Wedding Coordinator - $200
With Reception Add - $100
Audio Technician: (Set-up, rehearsal & event) - $200
Lighting Technician: (Set-up, event) - $100
Projection Technician: (Event-slide show, video, etc). - $100
Nursery Care - Minimum Wage
Custodial Set-up, Take-down, Clean-up (Weekends are off-hours)
Hearth Room - $100
East Hall - $200
Wayland Sanctuary - $200
Montgomery Hall - $400
Gym Kitchen - $200
Small Kitchen - $100
A summary of estimated wedding and reception costs will be provided by our wedding coordinator after you have submitted all requested information. Camano Chapel families are discounted for most rooms at 25%.
Note: Audio/Video/Lighting needs for weddings held in Montgomery Hall and Wayland Sanctuary require trained technicians. Technical needs should be directed to the Wedding Coordinator who will work with our Director of Worship and Music to fulfill these needs. Please inquire for details.
What support services are available at Camano Chapel for weddings, dinners or receptions?
Camano Chapel will provide the following as part of on-site services:
1. The use of pre-approved rooms.
2. The Camano Chapel Wedding Coordinator is required for all on-site weddings.
3. Audio/Video/Lighting Technician (subject to availability).
4. Facility Manager assistance.
5. Camano Chapel tables/chairs (subject to availability due to prior reservations for another event).
The family is responsible for moving tables and chairs from their stored location to the dinner or reception site, for setup, takedown and return of all tables and chairs to the original storage location.
What support services are not available at Camano Chapel for weddings, dinners or receptions?
The family shall make other arrangements for the following on-site or off-site services:
1. Table cloths and linen – Disposable table cloths and/or rented linens will be provided by the family by an outside service.
2. Florist – All flowers and other room decorations will be provided by the family or an outside service hired by the family.
3. Food Service – All foods, beverages (no red punch please), paper/plastic products, food services and clean-up will be provided by the family or by a private caterer hired by the family and approved by the wedding coordinator.
4. Setup, takedown, trash disposal, etc. shall be provided by the family.
6. Due to existing Camano Chapel programming and predictable transportation wear and tear, Camano Chapel tables and chairs are no longer available for off-site weddings, dinners or receptions.
What information will the wedding coordinator need to help plan our wedding?
Here is a list of information the Wedding Coordinator will ask for as a part of planning your wedding.
Bride and Groom Information
Brides name, address and contact information
Grooms name, address and contact information
Wedding Attendant Information
List of Bridesmaids and groomsmen (ushers)
Maid of Honor, Matron of Honor, Best Man
Bride’s mother and father; maternal and paternal grandparents
Groom’s mother and father; maternal and paternal grandparents
Flower Girl, Ring bearer
Ceremony Planning Information
Name of pastor requested to officiate
Desired date, alternate date
Number of guests anticipated
Desired ceremony location
Special features to be incorporated into the ceremony
Reception Planning Information
Number of guests anticipated
Desired reception location
Set-up, decoration, take-down and clean-up team
Is online giving secure?
Yes it is! For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted on the Camano Chapel website. Bank account processing is accomplished using secure processing services. Your entry of this information is encrypted when transmitted. Encryption is a process that scrambles information into a format that unauthorized parties cannot decode or utilize; 128-bit encryption is the strongest, most secure form of encryption generally utilized in Internet browsers in North America.
When are gifts processed?
One time donations are processed the date you select.
Recurring donations are processed as follows:
Weekly – On Mondays
Semi-monthly – On the 1st and 15th of each month
Monthly – On the 1st or 15th of the month
What if I want to cancel or change my online giving?
You may cancel or make changes to your pending contributions at any time. Once a contribution has processed, you cannot make any changes to it through your online giving account.
Can I view my past giving history online?
Once your gift has been processed, you may view your giving history weekly after you have created your profile in our system. Going forward, you will be able to view your giving history at any time.
How can I get a receipt of my online gift?
You will receive a contribution statement in the mail in January of each year showing contributions for the previous year. All of your contributions will appear on these paper statements.
My question is not listed here, now what?
If you have any questions about this process, please contact or Pastor Steve at 360-387-7202 or by email at email@example.com.